Engage China is a coalition of financial services trade associations united in support of high-level engagement between the United States and China.
- Trade between the U.S. and China is the most important bilateral economic relationship in today’s global economy.
- Over the past five years, U.S. exports to China have grown at seven times the pace of U.S. exports to the rest of the world.
- Continued financial sector reforms and expanded market access are needed to create more opportunity for the people of China and jobs for America.
Engage China believes a more balanced and mutually beneficial relationship between these two great nations will help China achieve a desired structural shift from an industrial to a service-based economy.
- A more open, modern and effective financial system in China will help develop domestic consumer demand and reduce poverty, ensuring a more equitable distribution of opportunity and prosperity for the people of China.
- Greater access to China’s markets will allow U.S. institutions to provide the financial products and services that China’s citizens and businesses need – to save, invest, insure against risk and consume at higher levels.
Economic reforms and market expansion in China will help grow demand for American-made products and services, and create American jobs.
Members of Engage China actively advocate for these reforms by hosting meetings, events, and activities for U.S. and Chinese policymakers, regulators, the media, and academic and business leaders.